Connect to MetaMask Using QR-based
MetaMask is a self-custodial crypto wallet that supports a broad range of Ethereum-based tokens and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on supported blockchains.
The SecuX Mobile app users can now link SecuX hardware wallet accounts with MetaMask using the QR-based protocol.
Before you start
- First, download the MetaMask Chrome extension from (https://metamask.io/download/).
- Set up a MetaMask Wallet
Table of Contents
- Connect the SecuX Wallet to MetaMask
- Generate Account QR Code on SecuX Mobile App
- Scan and Sync with MetaMask
Connect the SecuX Wallet to MetaMask
1. Click on the Account icon at the top right of the MetaMask main page.
2. Select Connect hardware wallet button.
3. Select QR-based and then click the Continue button.
4. It switches to the QR code scanning page. Next, go to the SecuX Mobile app to generate account QR code.
Generate Account QR Code on SecuX Mobile App
1. Open SecuX Mobile app and tap on DApps at the bottom.
2. Select MetaMask.
3. Tap on Sync wallet with MetaMask.
4. Select the account (address) you wish to connect to MetaMask.
Note: For EVM-compatible chains, each sequential account address is the same address.
5. The account QR code will appear on screen and ready to be scanned.
Scan and Sync with MetaMask
1. Scan the QR code displayed on the SecuX Mobile app with your computer’s camera.
2. On the account selection page, select First account and click Unlock.
Note: In the case of a SecuX account, it doesn’t matter which account you choose because all the accounts shown in the QR scan list are the same.
3. You have linked your SecuX hardware wallet to MetaMask. You can now see the account balance and information.
#MetaMask #hardwarewallets #cryptowallet #QRcode #cryptocurrency #Ethereum #Blockchain #walletintegration #coldstorage #dApps #smartcontracts #EVM