After setting up and unlocking the device, you can access Shield BIO’s main menu to view its name, edit the PIN, manage the Fingerprint features, reset the device, and check firmware version.
Unlock Shield BIO and Bluetooth Pairing #
1. To unlock Shield BIO, press and hold the Power (↓) Button for 2 seconds.
2. Bluetooth will activate automatically after unlocking Shield BIO.
Device Name #
Each Shield BIO is assigned a unique device name, such as “SX-xxxx,” where “xxxx” represents the last four digits of your device ID displayed on the Shield BIO crypto wallet.
Edit PIN #
1. You can modify your device PIN using the Edit PIN function.
2. Your PIN must be a set of 4-8 digits number.
3. During each number entry, you can select to go back to the previous number.
• Opt for an 8-digit PIN for enhanced security.
• Avoid using simple number sequences or repeated number sequences like 1234 or 0000.
• Do NOT select significant dates like birth year or family member’s birthday as a PIN code.
Setting up a fingerprint makes device login and transaction confirmation easier and more secure. In the Fingerprint section, you can register, delete, or enable the 2FA features.
• Register Fingerprint #
The fingerprint registration process requires 16 successful fingerprint taps. After each successful fingerprint tap, the screen will display how many more successful fingerprint taps are required.
1. In the Fingerprint section, enter your PIN to start the fingerprint registration process. If the fingerprint tap is successfully registered, the green LED light will flash.
2. Repeat the above actions until you have completed 16 successful fingerprint taps.
3. When you have finished the registration process, select “✔️” checkmark option by pressing the Fingerprint Pad to complete setup.
• To ensure the accuracy of fingerprint registration, vary the finger tapping positions each time you touch the sensor to allow maximum fingerprint
• To register a 2nd fingerprint, repeat the steps 1-3 as outlined above.
• You can use either the registered fingerprint, or enter your PIN to unlock your Shield BIO.
• You can register up to two fingerprints.
• Enable 2FA #
The 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) feature on your Shield BIO adds an extra layer of security by requiring a registered fingerprint to authorize transactions. This feature is enabled by default.
If you turn off the 2FA, you’ll still use the Fingerprint Pad to confirm transactions, but without the need for biometric fingerprint verification.
• Delete Fingerprint #
The Delete Fingerprint function allows you to delete all registered fingerprints on your Shield BIO, but you cannot delete a specific fingerprint.
1. Navigate to Delete Fingerprint and press the Fingerprint Pad to continue.
2. Select Confirm and press the Fingerprint Pad to delete all registered fingerprints.
Reset Device #
The Reset Device function restores your Shield BIO crypto hardware wallet to its factory settings.
1. Before reset, make sure you have your 24, 18, or 12-word recovery seed phrase and passphrase on hand. This is essential to restore your wallet and recover access to your private key and crypto assets.
2. Reset your device will erase all data, including your PIN, hidden wallet PIN and passphrase, private key, recovery seed phrase, and all your account information on the Shield BIO crypto hardware wallet. Please be aware that this action will NOT effect your crypto assets as they are stored on the blockchain.
Firmware Version – This section provides the current firmware versions of the Secure Element (SE) and the device MCU (microcontroller unit), which you may need for firmware upgrades and technical support.
Regulation – FCC and CE regulation-compliant information.